All 22 art Reviews

Our Future... Our Future...

Focus of teh project

What do you mean by atmosphere? For some reason atmosphere makes me think of the setting. But in my unprofessional opinion the background isn't nearly as developed as the character.

VeeWragg responds:

Atmosphere can have more than that as a meaning in an image. It could mean the mood of the picture, the overall feel or emotion, not just 'the setting'

That can be a good thing, the focal point is the character, you eye is drawn to it because of the contrast between the detailed character and less detailed background. =D

COTT: Rescue Mission COTT: Rescue Mission

I'm jelly, ur pro

I love the lankiness of that guy closest to the viewer. Ever since cowboy bebop I've enjoyed lanky characters. Because of that show and others by that directer I just put lankiness together with being a bad-ass. The helicopter being tilted does make it feel like it's moving, but in my unprofessional opinion I think it adds to the dynamics of the picture.

I went to the website but there wasn't much there. Is the project still in the early stages of development?

keepwalking responds:

yes the writer is still building up the website :).

Odd Knights Afon Odd Knights Afon

What the hell

Someone leave a comment and tell this guy how cool his picture looks...never mind I'll just do it myself. I'm bad at critiquing, so I guess all I can really say is that I enjoy this picture it's pretty bad-ass.

Afon responds:

Thanks! :D

Takahashi Meijin no Boken Jima Takahashi Meijin no Boken Jima

Never really played game

But I like what you did with this, and your Pokemon pixel art. Maybe it's just your style but I like how they contrast the original bright and caroony characters.

Sleep dragon Sleep dragon

Sorry but I'm that guy

Who's not going to critique anything but instead ask a question about the process.
Textured brushes or overlay? Sorry but I'm a noob and I've seen plenty of paintings like this and still can't tell if it's done with textured brushes or overlays.

duplex2 responds:

In this case overlay, a mountain a turtle and a rusted metal. Just brush your picture to get the general tone, use the texture trying the diferent mixing methods and play with the opacity, erase the parts of the texture that you aren´t going to use, and brush again adding details until you get whatever you desire. Usually when you overlay the texture in your painting you will see some inspiring shapes in the chaos, is a good exercise try to work with these shapes.

Slave Leia Revenge Slave Leia Revenge

The elbow drop. IMO

I feel like you could have made the elbow drop more look more powerful. It almost looks like sheâEUTMs just laying on.

Centipede Human Centipede Human

Nice

Looks awesome, and I love that diagram on the left it made me lol.

BG BG

That's a swell background

Is it for anything specific?

Sev4 responds:

Just for my portfolio ^^

Now New and Improved! Now New and Improved!

If it's not asking to much

Could you right a humorous response to my comment as well?

Chickenlump responds:

Menu Melee Menu Melee

Good jawb

I like how you put four skimpily dressed female chars right in the middle and then on the bottom left is Zangief eating some za in the background.